Last updated: July 1st, 2023
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To provide the Services, we collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, as set out below. The information that we collect, and use varies depending on how you interact with us.
In addition to the specific uses set out below, we may use information we collect about you to communicate with you, provide the services, comply with any applicable legal obligations, enforce any applicable terms of service, and to protect or defend the Services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal information we obtain about you depends on how you interact with our site and use our services. When we use the term "personal information", we are referring to information that identifies, relates to, describes, or can be associated with you. The following sections describe the categories and specific types of personal information we collect.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT DIRECTLY FROM YOU
Information that you directly submit to us through our Services may include:
- BASIC CONTACT DETAILS: including your name, address, phone number, email.
- ORDER INFORMATION: including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment confirmation, email address, phone number.
- ACCOUNT INFORMATION: including your username, password, security questions.
- SHOPPING INFORMATION: including the items you view, put in your cart, or add to your Wishlist.
- CUSTOMER UPPORT INFORMATION: including the information you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when sending a message through the Services.
Some features of the services may require you to directly provide us with certain information about yourself. You may elect not to provide this information, but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing these features.
Yome studios will primarily process your personal data based on the following legal basis:
- LEGITIMATE INTERESTS: The processing of your personal data will be based on our legitimate interest in, for instance, conducting statistics, analysis, marketing activities (where consent is not required), as well as improving and developing our products and services (Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR).
- CONSENT: In some cases, we need your consent, e.g., for us to place cookies on your devices (Article 6 (1)(a) of the GDPR).
INFORMATION WE OBTAIN FROM THIRD PARTIES
Finally, we may obtain information about you from third parties, including from vendors and service providers who may collect information on our behalf, such as:
- Companies who support our Site and Services, such as Shopify.
- Our payment processors, who collect payment information (e.g., bank account, credit or debit card information, billing address) to process your payment to fulfil your orders and provide you with products or services you have requested, to perform our contract with you.
- When you visit our Site, open, or click on emails we send you, or interact with our Services or advertisements, we, or third parties we work with, may automatically collect certain information using online tracking technologies such as pixels, web beacons, software developer kits, third-party libraries, and cookies.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal data may be processed for the following purposes:
- PROVIDING PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. We use your personal information to provide you with the Services in order to perform our contract with you, including to process your payments, fulfil your orders, to send notifications to you related to your account, purchases, returns, exchanges or other transactions, to create, maintain and otherwise manage your account, to arrange for shipping, facilitate any returns and exchanges and to enable you to post reviews.
- MARKETING AND ADVERTISING. We use your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send marketing, advertising and promotional communications by email, text message or postal mail, and to show you advertisements for products or services. This may include using your personal information to better tailor the Services and advertising on our Site and other websites.
- SECRUITY AND FRAUD PREVENTION: We use your personal information to detect, investigate or act regarding possible fraudulent, illegal, or malicious activity. If you choose to use the Services and register an account, you are responsible for keeping your account credentials safe. We highly recommend that you do not share your username, password, or other access details with anyone else. If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact us immediately.
- COMMUNICATING WITH YOU: We use your personal information to provide you with customer support and improve our Services. This is in our legitimate interests in order to be responsive to you, to provide effective services to you, and to maintain our business relationship with you.
Information We Collect through Cookies
Most browsers automatically accept Cookies by default, but you can choose to set your browser to remove or reject Cookies through your browser controls. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking Cookies can negatively impact your user experience and may cause some of the Services, including certain features and general functionality, to work incorrectly or no longer be available. Additionally, blocking Cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners.
HOW WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- With vendors or other third parties who perform services on our behalf (e.g., IT management, payment processing, data analytics, customer support, cloud storage, fulfilment, and shipping).
- With business and marketing partners, including Shopify, to provide services and advertise to you. For example, we use Shopify to support personalized advertising with third-party services. Our business and marketing partners will use your information in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- When you direct, request us, or otherwise consent to our disclosure of certain information to third parties, such as to ship your products or through your use of social media widgets or login integrations, with your consent.
- With our affiliates or otherwise within our corporate group, in our legitimate interests to run a successful business.
- In connection with a business transaction such as a merger or bankruptcy, to comply with any applicable legal obligations (including to respond to subpoenas, search warrants and similar requests), to enforce any applicable terms of service, and to protect or defend the Services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others.
We have, in the past 12 months disclosed the following categories of personal information and sensitive personal information about users for the purposes set out above in "How we Collect and Use your Personal Information" and "How we Disclose Personal Information":
CATEGORIES OF RECIPIENTS
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for the purposes of inferring characteristics about you.
We have “sold” and “shared” (as those terms are defined in applicable law) personal information over the preceding 12 months for the purpose of engaging in advertising and marketing activities, as follows.
CATEGORY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
CATEGORIES OF RECIPIENTS
Identifiers such as basic contact details and certain order and account information
Business and marketing partners
Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased and shopping information
Business and marketing partners
Internet or other similar network activity, such as Usage Data
Business and marketing partners
USER GENERATED CONTENT
The Services may enable you to post product reviews and other user-generated content. If you choose to submit user generated content to any public area of the Services, this content will be public and accessible by anyone.
We do not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make available to others and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available, or for the accuracy, use or misuse of any information that you disclose or receive from third parties.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS
This section sets out the policy for Yome studios processing of personal data collected via Yome's profiles or fan pages on social media.
Our Site may provide links to websites or other online platforms operated by third parties. If you follow links to sites not affiliated or controlled by us, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions. We do not guarantee and are not responsible for the privacy or security of such sites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of information found on these sites.
Information you provide on public or semi-public venues, including information you share on third-party social networking platforms may also be viewable by other users of the Services and/or users of those third-party platforms without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. Our inclusion of such links does not, by itself, imply any endorsement of the content on such platforms or of their owners or operators, except as disclosed on the Services.
Yome and the providers of social media are joint data controllers for the processing of your personal data collected when you visit Yome’s profile or fan pages on social media. Yome complies with the guidelines of the European supervisory authorities concerning joint data controllership and, using the applicable tools the best way possible, Yome attempts to ensure that you receive information on the processing of your personal data when you visit Yome’s profiles or fan pages on social media.
Yome has profiles or fan pages on the following social media:
- Facebook and Instagram (Facebook Ireland Ltd.)
- Manage your privacy settings on Facebook HERE
- Manage your privacy settings on Instagram in “privacy settings” under “settings”
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Depending on your conduct on the social media, Yome and the provider of the social media in question may retrieve the following personal data about you:
- Your "likes" or other reactions expressed on Yome's profile or fan page
- Comments left by you on Yome’s profile or fan page
- Your visits to Yome’s profile or fan page
- Age, gender, relationship status, place of work, lifestyle, geographical information, and fields of interest
PURPOSE OF PROCESSING
Yome may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you if you comment on our posts or send us a direct message
- Improve our products and services, including our profiles and fan pages on social media
- Statistics and analytics
Yome will process your personal data based on the following legal bases:
- LEGITIMATE INTERESTS: We may process your personal data based on our legitimate interests in being able to improve Yome's products and services (Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR).
The providers of the social media process, among other things, your personal data to enable them to improve their advertisement system and to provide Yome with statistics, which the provider, for example, works out on the basis of your visit to Yome’s profile or fan page on the social media in question, with a view to advertising and customising the activities on the profile or fan page. The providers of the social media process your personal data because of their legitimate interests, including their interest in providing innovative, customised, secure, and profitable services (Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR).
- CONSENT: The providers of social media may also process your personal data in accordance with your consent, which you are entitled to withdraw at any point in time via the settings on the website of the social media in question (Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR).
Your personal data will be retained by Yome for two years from your interaction with Yome on social media. Yome does not delete reviews, comments, likes or other interactions you leave publicly on our profiles and fan pages. You may delete such expressions or interactions by removing your review, comment, like or other interaction from our profile or fan page.
Anonymized personal data may be kept for a longer period of time.
The Services are not intended to be used by children, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information about children. If you are the parent or guardian of a child who has provided us with their personal information, you may contact us using the contact details set out below to request that it be deleted.
SECRUITY AND RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee “perfect security.” In addition, any information you send to us may not be secure while in transit. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us.
How long we retain your personal information depends on varied factors, such as whether we need the information to maintain your account, to provide the Services, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce other applicable contracts and policies.
Your personal data will be deleted when it is no longer needed for one or more of the purposes mentioned above. Please refer to our cookie information banner on our website for information about the expiry of cookies placed on your device.
The personal data may, however, be processed and stored for a longer period of time if anonymized.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Depending on where you live, you may have some or all the rights listed below in relation to your personal information. However, these rights are not absolute, may apply only in certain circumstances and, in certain cases, we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- RIGHT TO ACCESS / KNOW: You may have a right to request access to personal information that we hold about you, including details relating to the ways in which we use and share your information.
- RIGHT TO DELETE: You may have a right to request that we delete personal information we maintain about you.
- RIGHT TO CORRECT: You may have a right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information we maintain about you.
- RIGHT TO PORTABILITY: You may have a right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to request that we transfer it to a third party, in certain circumstances and with certain exceptions.
- RIGHT TO OPT OUT OF SALE OR SHARING OR TARGETING ADVERTISING: You may have a right to direct us not to "sell" or "share" your personal information or to opt out of the processing of your personal information for purposes considered to be "targeted advertising", as defined in applicable privacy laws. Please note that if you visit our Site with the Global Privacy Control opt-out preference signal enabled, depending on where you are, we will automatically treat this as a request to opt-out of the "sale" or "sharing" of information for the device and browser that you use to visit the Site.
- RIGHT TO LIMIT AND/OR OPT OUT OF USE AND DISCLOSURE OF SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION: You may have a right to direct us to limit our use and/or disclosure of sensitive personal information to only what is necessary to perform the Services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average individual.
- RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING: You may have the right to ask us to stop or restrict our processing of personal information.
- WITHDRAWL OF CONSENT: Where we rely on consent to process your personal information, you may have the right to withdraw this consent.
- APPEAL: You may have a right to appeal our decision if we decline to process your request. You can do so by replying directly to our denial.
- MANAGING COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES: We may send you promotional emails, and you may opt out of receiving these at any time by using the unsubscribe option displayed in our emails to you. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or orders that you have made.
You may exercise any of these rights were indicated on our Site or by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights. We may need to collect information from you to verify your identity, such as your email address or account information, before providing a substantive response to the request. In accordance with applicable laws, you may designate an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require that the agent provide proof you have authorized them to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us. We will respond to your request in a timely manner as required under applicable law.
We use Shopify's ad services such as Shopify Audiences to help personalize the advertising you see on third party websites. To restrict Shopify merchants that use these ad services from using your personal information for such services, visit https://privacy.shopify.com/en.
If you have complaints about how we process your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, depending on where you live you may have the right to appeal our decision by contacting us using the contact details set out below, or lodge your complaint with your local data protection authority.
Please note that we may transfer, store, and process your personal information outside the country you live in, including the United States. Your personal information is also processed by staff and third-party service providers and partners in these countries.
If we transfer your personal information out of Europe, we will rely on recognized transfer mechanisms like the European Commission's Standard Contractual Clauses, or any equivalent contracts issued by the relevant competent authority of the UK, as relevant, unless the data transfer is to a country that has been determined to provide an adequate level of protection.
Should your question or query be not resolved by us, and you wish to proceed with the case, you can send your compliant or questions to the supervisory authority in your country. A list of European supervisory authorities is available https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en#member-dk